Vision Source National Recognition
Vision Source Ranks Second in Vision Monday’s 2015 Top 50 List
Vision Source has achieved the second highest ranking in Vision Monday’s exclusive listing of the Top 50 U.S Optical Retailers, published on May 16, 2016. The Vision Monday annual report highlights the industry’s leading organizations. Vision Source appeared for the third year in a row on this list with a collective $2.51 billion in members’ revenues boasting 3,262 locations in the 2015 calendar year. Luxottica Retail placed number one at $2.53 billion and Wal-Mart Stores placed third on the list. Vision Source’s continued participation in this year’s survey further recognizes and celebrates the collective success of the independent optometrists who comprise its membership. For the full story, go to http://bit.ly/2gvQmWM
Vision Source Named Winner of 29th Annual CIO 100 Awards
Vision Source honored among the winners for the 29th annual CIO 100 Awards. With over 500 nominations in 2016, the CIO 100 is a highly sought after prize. Winners of the CIO 100 Awards honors showcase flexibility, commitment, and advancement. Under the guidance of Satish Dave, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO), Vision Source has created business value through the innovative application of technology. Click here for full story.
Award Winning Doctors
George Hertneky, OD, of Hertneky Vision Source in Brush, CO, was named 2016 HOYA Sight award recipient.
Several members named officers of Southern Council of Optometrists SECO International, LLC:
- Ted McElroy, OD, President-Elect.
- J. Max Ernst, OD, Secretary
- Jim Herman, OD, Immediate Past President
Most Influential Women
Several Vision Source® members received recognition as the Most Influential Women in Optical, published on Dec. 15 in Vision Monday:
- Crystal Brimer, OD, of Wilmington, NC with a special focus in contact lenses and dry eye disease, was honored in the Executive Suite.
- Ellen Weiss, OD, of Omaha, NE, is the president of VOSH International and Nebraska VOSH, was honored in the Executive Suite category.
- Donna Mikulecky, of Kingwood, TX, supports 160 Vision Source® Administrators, was awarded within the Executive Suite.
- Amanda Lee, OD, of Myrtle Beach, SC, leads a group of 30 member practices in coastal South Carolina, was honored as an Innovator.
- Jana Noble, of Kingwood, TX, uses proprietary software to visualize the demographic and competitve landscape to ad in strategic decisions making, received the Innovator award as well.