Kevin L. Alexander OD, Ph.D, FAAO
AOA President, 2007
Dr. Alexander attended The Ohio State University where he completed both his O.D. and Ph.D. degrees. Following graduation, he taught ocular disease and pharmacology at OSU for several years while he also began a practice in Columbus, Ohio.
- 1987 - Became the Center Director of The Eye Center of Toledo
- 1994 - Joined Retina Vitreous Associates, where he created a retina referral network and established the first fellowship in vitreo-retinal disease for optometrists.
- 2000 - Left clinical practice to become the Dean of the Michigan College of Optometry at Ferris State University
- 2008 - Named the seventh President of the Southern California College of Optometry
- 2009 - Led the institution in expanding its’ mission to include interdisciplinary health care education by creating Marshall B. Ketchum University (MBKU).
- 2012 - Named to the National Optometry Hall of Fame.
Interested in Joining Vision Source?
Get in touch with our team to see if you'd be a good fit for membership.