Vision Source Sets Milestone Adding 3,000th Location
KINGWOOD, Texas (December 8, 2014) –North America’s largest, independent optometric alliance Vision Source announced today that it has achieved a company milestone by adding its 3,000th location. The optometrist whose practice officially became the 3,000th location is Dr. Ben Gaddie, O.D., from Louisville, Kentucky.
Gaddie is the owner and director of the Gaddie Eye Centers, a multi-location, full-service practice in Louisville that was started by his father over more than 40 years ago. He is also a noted lecturer and well-known industry advocate. “I chose to join Vision Source because of their its commitment to independent optometry as well as the leverage they it gives give my practices,” stated Gaddie.
Vision Source is the largest doctor alliance in optometry and the 2nd second-llargest Optical optical Retailer retailer in the United States. This strong, diverse network gives independent optometrists support in areas such as managed care strategy and contracting, practice management, collective buying power and strategic marketing. This is in addition to a 24 year history of bringing together the best and brightest minds in independent optometry. In fact, 15 current and former American Optometric Association presidents are also Vision Source members.
In addition to Gaddie, many other notable independent optometrists have recently joined Vision Source. Here are some: including
- Ron Hopping, O.D., owner of Hopping Eye Associates in Houston, TX, and 2012-2013 President of the American Optometric Association.
- Alan Glazier, O.D., who owns Shady Grove Eye and Vision in Rockville, MD, and leads the popular social media site “ODs on Facebook.”.
- Kelly MacDonald, O.D., a partner in Drs. Helfman, Lasky & Associates in Nashua, NH, and is a past president of NHOA (New Hampshire Optometric Association.)
- Leah Ramos, O.D., and. & Shane Swatts, O.D., at Eastern Virginia Eye Associates in Chesapeake, VA. They specialize in Corneal Refractive Therapy and have both previously worked with the National Football League. (NFL.)
- Tausha Barton, O.D., Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry and has served aformeras a clinical and didactic instructor at the West Side VA and Hines VA Hospitals.
“We are excited about the company milestone, but even more excited about continuing the tradition of assembling the very best, independent optometrists in America. These clinicians will further bolster the strength of Vision Source, an organization that is already making a difference with respect to the population health management strategies and the effectiveness of an expanding list of leading medical groups and integrated health systems,” said Jim Greenwood, Vision Source President & CEO.
About Vision Source
Founded in 1991, Vision Source is North America’s largest network of independent optometrists consisting of 3,600+ key, eye care industry influencers. The clinicians in the Vision Source network enjoy a wide range of innovative technologies, practice management tools, marketing, and unsurpassed purchasing power. Leveraging these solutions, the clinicians offer comprehensive eye examinations to their patients delivering an industry leading patient experience. For more information, call 888-558-2020 or visit www.visionsource.com.